Bollywood filmmaker Karan Johar has confirmed that two members of his household staff have tested positive for Covid-19
Filmmaker Karan Johar on Monday confirmed that two members of his household staff have tested positive for COVID-19 and are currently under quarantine.
The 48-year-old director revealed the news on twitter and informed his fans and well-wishers that he and his family — mother Hiroo and children Yash and Roohi — as well as the rest of the staff is ‘all safe and display no symptoms’.
Karan and his family have tested negative for Covid-19. “The rest of us in the family and the staff are all safe and display no symptoms. We have all taken the swab test this morning and have tested negative, but will remain in self isolation for the next 14 days for the safety of everyone around us. We stand by our commitment to safeguard everyone and have ensured that all measures prescribed by the authorities have been strictly adhered to,” he wrote.
Read his entire statement here:
In the film industry, celebrities such as singer Kanika Kapoor, producer Karim Morani and his daughters, Zoa and Shaza, had been diagnosed with the coronavirus. They have all recovered now.
Recently, three people who worked at the house of producer Boney Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus. The producer had said he and his daughters, Janhvi Kapoor and Khushi Kapoor, were fine and asymptomatic. “We are thankful to the government of Maharashtra and BMC for their swift response. We shall be diligently following the instructions,” the producer said in a statement.
As of Monday, Maharashtra reported 2,436 new COVID-19 cases and 60 deaths, taking case count to 52,667 and fatalities to 1,695.